If you’ve been following the saga, you know that this painting has gone through a lot. I’ve started from scratch four times, on four different panels. I’ve repainted entirely at least a dozen times. I’ve used at least half the mediums I have on hand…but for weeks, I just haven’t been able to get it right.
…and then finally, last night, it all fell into place – and I think it was in large part BECAUSE of the road it took to get there. In the end, I painted Saturn correctly because I stopped planning and hit some stuff with a hammer, which is a pretty good rule for life**
**That’s not true. In most situations.
The key was, it turns out, that each version had a tiny piece of what I needed. I’d like to think that it came together when it did because everything was ready.
This was the hardest painting I’ve done to date…but it was totally worth it, and I’m very happy with the final result! It will eventually be turned into Wearable Art for JR Peterson, who commissioned it with their Llamacoin and gave me lots of great feedback on what to keep and what to nix.
“Some Little Touch Of Light,” digitally and as an acrylic print: