Remember yesterday when I said:
Turns out I completely wrecked this painting because—once again—I wasn’t patient enough, and I very likely killed my entire fleet of Soufflé pens in the process. After the mistake became obvious, I tried to add a second layer with acrylic paint pens, hoping that I could then use gel pen ink to reign the letters in and create an outline. That…didn’t really work.
The outline isn’t bold enough to contrast properly with the liquid acrylics under the lettering.
I also thought that maybe once the fantasy paint had waited an extra day, it might be more likely to accept some metallic ink, but….
That’s as clear as it’ll come, friends. *I* can’t even read that!
So the only option left was to start over…maybe.
I’ve copied the story’s text onto watercolor paper, and now I’m going to:
– See if I can somehow merge it with the Stage 2 photos, or
– Accent it while making sure the text is still legible, or
I’ve got a feeling we’ll know pretty quickly.
Materials added: Gel pens, paint pens, watercolor paper.