OK. So this is gonna be one of those.
After finishing Stage 1 last night, I moved on to inking…but ran into a surprising amount of difficulty. I thought that the iridescent paint was the culprit at first, so I applied another level of gesso. That usually works, but it didn’t in this case.
I then found myself using paint pens more and more frequently to cover my mistakes, so I decided this afternoon to fully Embrace The Paint. I used acrylic paint to essentially transform the entire left side, concentrating on umbers, dark oranges, and greens.
This strategy will either solve the problem, OR make it worse. I’ll find out in an hour or so!
Materials added: Acrylic paint.