The saga continues.
I tried to recreate the painting from yesterday as faithfully as I could, so I started with the Pebeo Fantasy Moon paints again. I’d read somewhere the Fantasy line works best if you trap the canvas inside something with a beveled edge, so I used a spare takeout container and trimmed the card a bit to make it fit (thanks to @jwebb for the suggestions!)
After the Moon paints had dried, I added a coat of acrylic burnt umber ink to the mix, and then used disposable pipettes to apply the Vitrail and Fantasy Prisme paint. I also added a fair amount of mineral spirits, which acted as a paint thinner and allowed me to shift certain “elements” to other areas of the postcard.
This version is *quite* different than what I started the day with, but it’s also much more in line with what I had originally envisioned.